If you discover links in EthicsFinder search results which you believe infringes your rights, or, for example, contravenes privacy law, is defamatory, or in breach of copyright, or for some other reason, you may submit a takedown request. Please submit your request via email to email@example.com, including the following details:
- Your contact details
- Title and author associated with the link
- Full internet address / link to the relevant material
- If the request relates to copyright, evidence that you are the rights holder or their agent
- The reason for your request, for example, copyright, privacy, data protection, obscenity or defamation.
We will acknowledge your request within three working days and make an initial assessment within seven working days. We may decide to temporarily remove access until a final decision is reached. We will make efforts to resolve requests quickly, with the following possible outcomes:
- Access to the material is restored unchanged on the EthicsFinder website
- Access to the material is restored with changes to the link address
- Access to the material is removed.
We will communicate our decision and reasons to you.